httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Klein <mikekl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap, DN and AUTHENTICATE_UID
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:26:32 GMT

#1. Question is probably best/quickest answered by posting question to
owners of mod_auth_ldap. Go to the module home page and you'll find
support emails, discussion forums, mailing lists, etc.

#2. Environment value should <probably> be set to a variable in apache
httpd.conf indicating which ldap attr to use as uid...or it s/be set to
actual authenticated uid (or rdn of authenticated user)...I haven't read
docs. When I authenticate via realm authentication (simple
user/password) or ssl certificate authentication (user rdn,
emailAddress)...I do get apache server vars for these values.

I am currently using mod_auth_pam for authentication, as this gives
options for things like ldap, mysql, kerberos, and other auth methods.

#3. If mod_auth_ldap is storing things in environment variables...you
should be able to see it via your phpinfo() page/status or via apache
info handler.

Sorry I can't help more...

mike