httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jaka Erjavec <jaka.erja...@telemach.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Userdir tilde sign, different dirs, etc.
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:02:48 GMT
Hello,

Since I did not found similar question on the list I decided to post
this one.

This is how it goes.

I keep user www pages in directories like this:

/storage/{hexa value of first username character}/{hexa value of second
username character}/username/www

All the users are virtual ftp users authenticated from pgsql database.

I would like to serve users content in a way it can be seen on the web like:

http://users.domain.com/username -- without ~ sign

What I would probably need is some rewrite rule that would redirect the
request to the proper userdir. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jaka