httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Picking up the default page
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:21:10 GMT

Satya Narayan Dash wrote:
> Suomi,
>
> Yes, i have the directory index as
>
> jsp/Welcome.jsp. "jsp" directory is under my document root.
>

> It shows static HTML pages (i put a sample), as the default page,
> but not any jsp files. In Tomcat logs this jsp is not getting invoked.
>
> Please let me know, if i have to do some additional configuration??
>
> Satya.
>
> On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 suomi wrote :

I have the same problem with WebSphere in a multi-tiered configuration.
  The only way I have found to work around it is to redirect the user to
the JSP file from a HTML page or a Redirect statement, ie:

---
DirectoryIndex index.html
Redirect permanent /index.html http://www.foo.com/jsp/Welcome.jsp
---

It has been my experience that if Apache does not serve the file
directly, you cannot use it as an index document.