httpd-users mailing list archives

From suomi <apa...@ayni.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Picking up the default page
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:00:12 GMT
Satay
 from the apache point of view i would say, your config as far as i can
see, is complete. have you checked and re-checked the error log for this
particular (virtual?) web? in the error log you usually find much more
info than in the message you get through the browser.
have you checked the tomcat side? i have tomcat installed as well, but i
don't consider myself to be competent on the tomcat side.

suomi

Satya Narayan Dash wrote:

>Suomi,
>
>Yes, i have the directory index as
>
>jsp/Welcome.jsp. "jsp" directory is under my document root.
>

>It shows static HTML pages (i put a sample), as the default page,
>but not any jsp files. In Tomcat logs this jsp is not getting invoked.
>
>Please let me know, if i have to do some additional configuration??
>
>Satya.
>
>On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 suomi wrote :
>

>>Do you have
>>DirectoryIndex  Welcome.jsp
>>for your jsp directory?
>>
>>suomi
>>
>>Satya Narayan Dash wrote:
>>

>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>I am unable to get the default page, while configuring the httpd.conf file, in
Apache2.0.47. I have configured the DocumentRoot and Directory. In the DirectoryIndex, the
default page is mentioned with respect to the DocumentRoot.
>>>But, the page does not come. Instead of that, the directories are getting listed
from the document root. But if I am giving, the complete path, then the page is coming up,e.g

>>>http://localhost:19191 shows the directories, where as
>>>
>>>http://localhost:19191/jsp/Welcome.jsp, shows the Welcome page.
>>>

>>>I know this issue was fixed in mod_jk.c (version-1.47). This is noted in the CVS
logs

>>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.c
>>>
>>>The version of mod_jk.c that comes with Apache2.0.47 is 1.65.
>>>
>>>But it is recurring again. Do I have to  make any further modifcations to get
the default page...or is it an issue again?