httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aurelien DEHAY <aurelien.de...@ext.anpe.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] rotatelog: text explanation
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:31:29 GMT
Hello.

On the documentation page of rotatelogs, the following sentence:

«This creates the files /var/logs/logfile.nnnn where nnnn is the system
time at which the log nominally starts (this time will always be a
multiple of the rotation time, so you can synchronize cron scripts with
it). At the end of each rota- tion time (here after 24 hours) a new log
is started.»

does not look really clear for me, especially the «so you can
synchronize cron scripts with it».

So, can someone explain me what it the time at which the log normally
starts? The start of Apache? For example, I'd like to make a rotation
every 2 hours starting at 1:30 AM. How can I do that?

Rgds.
--
Aurélien DEHAY