httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Bissmire <pb...@onetel.net.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxy garbles "special" characters
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 20:15:53 GMT
Hi folks,

a serious question.
Since switching from 1.3.xx to 2.0.xx version,
I find certain sites are proxied with garbled "special" characters
(accented letters, apostrophes etc.).
These "came through" OK with v. 1.3.xx.

So far as I can see, the characteristics are as follows.
There is no problem with Apache based sites, whether
the characters are represented with &*; entities or are
literals (my own site does both and is no problem).
The problem appears to be limited to IIS sites (.asp pages).
My guess is that the "specials" are being dished up as
7-bit pairs and that these are "split" by the Apache proxy.

Can anyone indicate a configuration fix for this?
We are talking normal forward proxy, by the way.

Peter Bissmire