httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Debian 3.0r1 Apache 1.3.26 cgi-bin behavior depends on script name and browser (?)
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:24:03 GMT
Jonas Eckerman wrote:

> That said, I'd still suggest that you use wget or some other non-caching utility for
testing. Forgetting the browers cache is a common problem when troubleshooting web server
issues. When using any caching browser, make sure you force it to reload the page every time,
otherwise it will just show you the cached resut and you'll see the problematic page even
if it's actually fixed in the server.

That's a good point.  As a reminder to everyone, you can use Ctrl-F5 in
Internet Explorer or Shift-F5 in Mozilla/Netscape to force a reload that
will not use the cached copy of the page.  Regular F5 or hitting the
Refresh icon will sometimes give you the old page.

Brian