httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Gration <rich...@zync.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual hosting
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:42:46 GMT
message message wrote:
> I cannot see what he wrote as a request , but just offensive.

It was not intended to be a request. It was not intended to be offensive
either. It was merely a comment on what was happening. Which bit did you
find offensive? You were asking on this list specifically for
instructions on how to cybersquat, an activity which a vast number of
people find offensive in and of itself. And the comment was directed at
the people who were giving you information on how to achieve it. It was
not meant to offend them either, it was merely a playful poke in the
ribs. It seems from their later posts that it didn't offend them, which
is good.

> He is a web developer who doesn't want somebody else to be a web
> developer too.

Untrue. Google for my email address and you will find that in the past I
have given advice and help to people trying to develop web applications.
And cybersquatting is not web development.

> I don't know why I should apologise for his offensive remarks to deny me
> the oppertunity to work.

My remark denied you nothing. It was just that, a remark. And you could
get the info from a million sources besides this list. Websites, books,
IRC, newsgroups, etc, etc. Try typing "how does DNS work" into google.
You could read from now until the end of the decade ...

> I live in the UK and I am from a small ethnic minority.
> I see this kind of attitude all the time which effects not only me but
> also my friends
> who are also from the same minority group.
>
> I really do not know who your are referring to as being ignorant
> because it certainly isn't me.
> I am fully conversant with this side of the English Business community.

You are too ready to see prejudice and offensiveness where there is
none. You also have quite an attitude. I think you'll find it is this
rather than your ethnicity that is the determining factor in the
response you get from people.

HTH, HAND
Rick