httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foo, Randy" <randy....@hp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Username/Group setting
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 01:25:26 GMT
Hello,

How can you tell what user apache is running under?  According to the
documentation, it should be possible to change it to user www using the
httpd.conf file.  It says to run it once as root, and then it will
change over, but I don't know how to verify this.  I have some problems
with apache not serving CGI pages for mailman 2.1.2 on a Red Hat 9
installation with apache 2.0.47.  I've set ScriptAlias to the mailman
directory, and mailman was compiled to use www as a cgi-gid.  The
username www does exist and can log in.  I get the "Object not Found"
error when trying to hit the cgi pages of mailman.  The error logs tell
me nothing, really.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here, so that the
CGI wouldn't work?

Thanks,

Randy Foo