httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual hosting
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 09:45:32 GMT
Webmaster wrote:
> That is truly a magnificent document, Robert. As is the one it links to,
> http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Unix-and-Internet-Fundamentals-HOWTO/,
> the last page of which seems to have a bad link as I end up on a
redirect...
> must have been written for the previous domain that link was at.

Both links there seems bad.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Reading-List-HOWTO/
new --> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Reading-List-HOWTO/

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
new --> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

There are some other instances as well, where a similiar move has taken
place.

> Do you think the author would be offended if I drew to his attention the
> changed url from linuxdoc.org to en/tldp.org?

No, the author (Eric Raymond) explicilty asks you to send him corrections. I
don't think he mind to hear your praise either ;) See section 1.3 in the
above doc.

Regards,
Robert Andersson