httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "Too many connections" error fix?
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 08:47:45 GMT
URLTrak  wrote:
> I said I have a high traffic site and I keep getting "too many
connections" error
> message.

I've also had this problem with PHP / MySQL, where zoombie PHP-MySQL
connections lumped up, until it reached MySQL's max_connections, and PHP's
"too many connections" error occurs. This was not a very loaded or
high-traffic server either, but within about 24 hours from a total restart,
it always came to this. Restarting Apache didn't help most of the time, but
restarting MySQL did.

My workaround was to raise max_connections to 1000, and schedule a restart
of MySQL each night. I haven't experienced it since.

Regards,
Robert Andersson