httpd-users mailing list archives

From "[AOE] Maniac" <man...@armyops-europe.homeip.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Webserver is caching .php files.
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:10:48 GMT
Heya alltogether,

we have a little problem with our Apache Webserver (running 1.3.26) and PHP 4.1.2.
The situation is quite simple:

A .php script is being constantly called by a flash movie (same with http refresh) and checks
for some database variables.
Though the content of the php out changes during these updates, the server won't recognize
it and return a cached - and therefore old - php file.

Globally caching isnt enabled at all. No proxy servers are running.

The problem could be solved when turning on the MS INet Explorer cache option to check the
page everytime, but since most default installations are set to automatically, we have a problem
here.

Driving a little windows test webserver (KeyFocus Webserver), it contained an option to assign
all CGI output with a "nocache" header, which solved the problem.

Unfortunately I do not know any corresponding option under the Apache environment, so I ask
for you help.

Many thanks in advance,
Jan Dubber from Germany.