httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zbigniew Lisiecki <zbys...@evot.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] jscript won't open file://localhost
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:38:18 GMT
On pon 27. of October 2003 10:37, Robert Andersson wrote:
> Zbigniew Lisiecki wrote:
> > i thought Apache (web server) should forward it to the konqueror
> > (web browser)
>
> Yes, Apache serves the content to your browser. It does not do anything
> with any JavaScript in an HTML document, that is interpreted by the client
> (browser).
>
> > yes, it should be whatever dir possible like "file://"
> > i can point it to the correct place later
>
> Apache is an HTTP server. A 'file:///'-style URI, will use the 'file'
> scheme to display files on your local filesystem, and Apache will not have
> anything to do with it. This is purely an HTML/client issue.

Here is once more my question: the file x.html has the following contents:

        < html >
        < head >
                < script language=JavaScript >
                        F1 = open("file:/");
                        F2 = open("http://localhost/");
                < /script >
        < /head >
        < body >
        < /body >
        < html >

calling konqueror browser with: "file:/svr/www/htdocs/x.html" opens two new
windows F1 with system root and F2 with apache root/index
calling konqueror browser with: "http://x.html" opens only one window ! why ?
and how could i change it ? why did it work before an upgrade ?

regards, zbyszek
--
http://zbyszek.evot.org