httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:58:04 GMT
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:25:57 +0200, A. Gideonse wrote:

>> Does Apache's error logs (wich you hav, of course, allready

> No, only request from 80.60.18.78 (my ip) and PHP errors

Then it seems that the requests are never reaching Apache.

This is usually because one of:

a: Apache isn't listening on that IP address. This has allready been
ruled as other machines in your LAN can connect to that 80.60.18.78.

b: Apache isn't listening on that port. Also ruled out obviously.

c: Something else is blocking the requests, or the machine's simply
not reachable on that address.

> (normal regular errors in PHP)

> > > find it on http://home.planet.nl/~gideo017/tempz/httpd.conf
> updated it to the current settings

Still can't see anything in the config file that could result in this
problem.

If you're sure it's Apache and not something else causing the
problem, you should set the LogLevel to report more stuff and check
the logs again after making sure someone outside your LAN has
requested something for the server.

Regards
/Jonas
--