httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fabrice Trichard <ftrich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Charset Eng/Jap or other-jap
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:24:49 GMT
Do I need an editor that supports  UTF-8 because if so then I am in trouble...do not have one
or at least not really supporting UTF-8 How do you do it yourself...an simple example would
be fine ...

Thanks..

Batara Kesuma <bkesuma@ml.gaijinweb.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply but how to install it ...??? On linux...or the
> client or both ???

You need to type your file in UTF-8 format. Then set Apache so it knows
that the file is in UTF-8. See:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html

Look for "Editing and word processing" and "Can I use UTF-8 on the Web?".

You also can use EUC-JP (which is mostly used on Linux) or Shift-JIS
(mostly used on Windows). Just follow the step above, type your documents
in the encoding you want and set Apache to send them with that encoding as
default.