httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fabrice Trichard <ftrich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Charset Eng/Jap or other-jap
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 05:10:10 GMT
thanks

yes gambarimasho ne...are you in that island too...?

I did look at nexantis and that is more or less what I would like to display ..but when I
tried the following :

AddLanguage en .en
AddLanguage fr .fr
AddLanguage ja .jp
AddCharset EUC-JP .euc
AddCharset ISO-2022-JP .JIS
AddCharset SHIFT_JIS .sjis
-----------
LanguagePriority en jp fr

it just either works or give me garbage depending of the page....is this correct ?
also I did tried with AddDefaultCharset but in version 1.3  I do not think it works httpd
would not restart...

what settings do you have and/or any others on the page itself..

Fabrice

Jerome Schlumberger <jerome.schlumberger@nexantis.net> wrote:

well

the shift-jis charset for instance contains also the roman letters so you
should be able to display both English and Japanese.
I don't think you can have several encoding in the same Html page, but this is
just an idea.
As for the configuration, I had to comant out ForceLanguagePriority
So my config looks like.

AddDefaultCharset Shift_JIS
LanguagePriority ja en da nl et fr de el it ko no pl pt pt-br ltz ca es sv tw
#ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback

I am running apache2 but I believe the settings are the same for apache 1.3

Gambatte ne !

Schlum