httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DNS hijacking
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:23:50 GMT
> I have been running Apache (2.0.47/Win) on my notebook comp as a
> test server for my web design work for a few months now but I have

Are you also using it as a proxy server?

> I hope someone can help me with. Since I installed Apache I find
> that some websites are sent to my local server instead of to the
> server in question.

If you are not using Apache as a proxy server, and has not told your
browser to use http://27.0.0.1:80 or http://27.0.0.1:8000 as proxy,
Apache has nothing to do with this.

> Classmates.com (65.243.133.81) is one server that I can no

What IP address does "classmates.com" resolv to in your machine?
Check with nslookup if you have WinNT/2K/XP, download host (or some
other similar app) if you have Win9x/ME.

If it resolvs to 127.0.0.1, check you hosts file.

/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/