httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Russian page not displayed properly in Apache 2.0
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:37:02 GMT
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:55:08 -0600, Steve Lawrence wrote:

> Recently I moved a client from an Apache 1.3 server to an Apache
> 2.0 server. The client has a few pages which are encoded in
[...]
> AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
[...]
> <META http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
> charset=windows-1251">

I suggest you read the articles with subject "big5 charset not
displayed automatically" in this list. They discuss the exact same
problem you have.

> Why is the meta tag ignored by the browser?

Ask those who wrote the browser. Apache can't decide wether the
browser should use the meta tag or the HTTP protocol header.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org