httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bobby Krupczak <...@krupczak.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] snmp monitoring of apache 2.0
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:44:46 GMT
Hi!

>I'm using apache 2.0.45 and I'm trying to get snmp monitoring of the number
>of processes setup.  Is there an OID that will poll the number of threads,
>etc?  In my older versions of apache we are using this OID,
>.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2.1.5.1 and it returns the number of processes.  Since
>apache 2.x is different this particular OID doesn't work anymore.  Any help
>with this is greatly appreciated.

I think whats happening is that whoever wrote the module for apache
coded it to apache 1.x and has not updated it for 2.x.  The OIDs
should not change despite the version of the program (e.g. httpd 1.x
or 2.x).  I say this as one who has written/maintained a management
module for apaches 1.x and 2.x.  That does not help too much.  The
real answer is to stat the developer or group as to when they will
release support for httpd 2.x.  Or, get the code and modify it if you
are programmatically inclined.

Bobby