httpd-users mailing list archives

From Garth Meisel <Ga...@webostics.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Name Hosting trouble
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:08:42 GMT
>  Can you report to us EXACTLY what the error message says and EXACTLY under
>  what circumstance you see it.  (ie, "I type xyz at the command prompt and
>  then the following message appears on the console.")
<polite snip>

'/etc/init.d/apache2 start returned 1 (Unspecified error.)
Starting httpd2 (worker) Syntax error on line 12 of
/srv/www/htdig/common/nomatch.html:
Expected
but saw
The command line was: /usr/sbin/httpd2-worker -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
..failed

And no matter what, it will continue to point out errors whether they are
there or NOT.  Beast me.

Thanks so far and TIA