httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Smith <john_smith_45...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] child seg fault
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 07:25:48 GMT

My apache 1.3.x, redhat 7.x, php 4.3.3 server crashed
earlier today, and now a bunch of these are appearing
in /var/log/httpd/error_log:

[notice] child pid 6926 exit signal Segmentation fault
(11)
[Mon Oct  6 01:19:53 2003] [notice] child pid 6788
exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Also, about half of the sites on the server are
unreachable (lynx gives a network error, IE a "not
found" page, Mozilla a blank page). domain.com doesn't
work, but domain.com/admin does. I haven't changed a
single config item on the server before or after the
crash. Could this be a memory problem?

TIA,
John