httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache very slow on Windows 2000
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:49:06 GMT
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:41:39 +0100, Harry Sufehmi wrote:

> > If you are using hubs rather than switches, then you only need
> > one slow connection to drop the speed back on all ports.

> We're using hubs, but this is an isolated subnet with low traffic.

The amount of traffic has nothing to do with this. If one piece of uequipment connected to
the hub has a 10Mbps connection, the everything connected to that hub will get a 10Mbps cionnection.
This happens even if none of the equippment actually uses the connection.

Often nowadays the things poeople call hubs aren't, though. I've seen a lot of little boxes
that people has told me were 10/100Mbps hubs that in reality were 10/100Mbps switches.

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/