httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Debian 3.0r1 Apache 1.3.26 cgi-bin behavior depends on script name and browser (?)
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:03:28 GMT
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:31:15 -0700, David Christensen wrote:

> code using only print(), but the issue at hand is that Mozilla
> and/or Apache are trying to download a CGI script named "intro3.pl"
> rather than doing what they're supposed to do (Apache executing the
> script and Mozilla displaying the output).

It'd not Mozilla that's doing something wrong. Mozilla simply sends a GET request and downloads
what Apache sends. It's completely up to Apache todecide wether to send the file or execute
it.

That said, I'd still suggest that you use wget or some other non-caching utility for testing.
Forgetting the browers cache is a common problem when troubleshooting web server issues. When
using any caching browser, make sure you force it to reload the page every time, otherwise
it will just show you the cached resut and you'll see the problematic page even if it's actually
fixed in the server.

Regards
/Jonas

--