httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ot: help needed on multiple domain root directories ver 1.3.28 Win32
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:28:08 GMT
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:16:51 -0400, Leif W wrote:

> > Most home NAT router's can not handle it when you try to connect
> > from the inside to the outside IP of the router and back inside

> Happen to know of a way to get Linux kernel 2.4 to do this with
> iptables or routes?

Never worked with iptables, but with pf (on OpenBSD) I simply set up the port mapped redirection
to be active on all interfaces. No matter where the connection comes from, it'll be redirected
to the same internal machine. My guess is that you can do something similar on Linux and most
other flexible redirection capable NAT routers in general purpose OSes.

> dnsmasq in Linux was designed for use on a box that does IP
> masquerading (NAT), to provide DNS services locally (loading from
> the NAT's /etc/hosts and an optional extra hosts file, and optional
> reading from DHCP leases files),

Ah. That's nice. Could makae things even more transparent if it could parse the NAT routers
file for redirections as well, and modify answers based on that when aplicable. :-)

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/