httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.47 hogs CPU for nothing
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:02:51 GMT
[plain text, please; hard to comment otherwise]

Isaac S. wrote:
> When Apache starts (either as a service, or when I start it from
> the command line), it enters a spin and hogs the CPU on %100.
> HTTP requests are not being served at all. Nothing suspicious in
> the log files (although I'll be more than happy to attach them, if
> requested).

I have an Apache 2.0.47 installation on a Windows XP Pro SP1 box, with
similar hardware although a P4, without any such problems.

Some Qs:
- Has it worked at all previously?
- Have you changed the configuration from the default?
- Which process is eating the CPU? In the "Task Manager" you should
   find 2 Apache processes, one with 3 threads (the main process) and
   one with ~250 threads (the worker process).
- Has previous versions worked on the box?
- Try to set LogLevel to debug, ie "LogLevel debug". That might tell us
   about where in the startup process it hangs.

Regards,
Robert Andersson