httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Thompson <m...@thompsonmike.co.uk>
Subject Re[2]: [users@httpd] Forgive a Newbie :(
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:04:09 GMT
Hello Willem-Jan,

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, at 21:50:09 [GMT +0200] (which was 20:50 in my
TimeZone) you wrote:

> Michael Thompson <mailto:mike@thompsonmike.co.uk> schreef op zaterdag 18
> oktober 2003 20:54:

>> Hi Users,
>>

>>   This is such an st00pid question!
>>
>>   I have set up my apache server to enable the users to have their own
>>   directorys for their content. However when they go to a incomplete
>>   path such as http://whatever/~user1/ they get a permission denied
>>   error. They need to enter the full path such as
>>   http://whatever/~user1/index.htm it is fine.
>>
>>   How can I get apache to serve files such as index.htm etc to the
>>   default web address?

> Did you set the DirectoryIndex ? You can add here as much as docnames as you
> want to be opened as index. When there isn't a file with a name listed in
> DirectoryIndex you will get the error message.

> -WJ

doh. My bad. Apologies! Thanks for the shove in the right
direction....

--
Best regards,
 Michael

http://www.thompsonmike.co.uk/
PGP KeyID := 0xA9547E32

Driving People Insane:
 Send e-mail to the rest of the company to tell them what you're doing.
  For example: If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom.