httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michel Jouvin <jou...@lal.in2p3.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] 2.0.48 : Multiviews not honoured
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:24:16 GMT
Hi,

I just upgraded from 2.0.46 to 2.0.48. The server has been built with the
same configure options and the configuration file has been copied from
2.0.46 (just DocumentRoot has been changed, as we do for every upgrade).

Unfortunatly, after this update, Multiviews is no longer honoured for pages
available in several languages. 2 diffent symptoms are :

- We have several pages exiting in different languages that have a language
suffix (like .fr, .en...). In this case, whatever the browser is, an error
occurs when getting the page. With Netscape the browser doesn't return,
just waiting. With IE6, I get an error "the site cannot be opened" (not a
page with an error text, an error popup). This occurs for example with
index.html. If no index.html exists (just the language variants) the
problem occurs. If I rename one of the variant as index.html, it works.

- When an index.html exists with URI: tags (like in apache doc), the
content of this file is displayed instead of being interpreted.

I checked the accepted-language sent by the browser. I read the pages about
mod-negociation. I tried to define env variables prefer-language,
force-no-vary... But I found no solution or workaround until now.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance. Seems to be related
to some changes in 2.0.47 or 48 as we are running with the same conf and
same pages.

Michel

     * Michel Jouvin                 Email : jouvin@lal.in2p3.fr *
     * LAL / CNRS                    Tel : +33 1 64468932        *
     * B.P. 34                       Fax : +33 1 69079404        *
     * 91898 Orsay Cedex                                         *
     * France                                                    *