httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] jscript won't open file://localhost
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 05:53:42 GMT
Zbigniew Lisiecki wrote:
> Here is once more my question: the file x.html has the following contents:
>
>         < html >
>         < head >
>                 < script language=JavaScript >
>                         F1 = open("file:/");
>                         F2 = open("http://localhost/");
>                 < /script >
>         < /head >
>         < body >
>         < /body >
>         < html >
>
> calling konqueror browser with: "file:/svr/www/htdocs/x.html" opens two
> new windows F1 with system root and F2 with apache root/index
> calling konqueror browser with: "http://x.html" opens only one window !

And that is F1, right?

> why ? and how could i change it ? why did it work before an upgrade ?

Have you listen to the people replying to you? Apache just deliver the file,
nothing more; it is not responsible for what the client do with it. It is
the JavaScript code that fails. Why, I don't know, and don't care. If you
want help with this off-topic problem on this list, at least acknowledge
that it is off-topic.

If you also open the x.html through the file system, as you indicate, Apache
isn't involved *at all*! You have stated that the F2 window (Apache's) opens
just fine. If you remove the F2 = open(...) line, in what way do you
conclude that Apache has *anything* to do with this?!

I also doubt file:/path is a valid URI. I think that if you want the
machine's local file system, you should use file:///path.

Regards,
Robert Andersson