httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <d...@cavecreek.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Odd error scrolling in Apache's error_log
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:05:30 GMT
Alright guys, I think I found the culprit.  I think it's
mod_auth_mysql.  But that brings up another question, for all you that
are familiar with it.

When I get the error:

[Tue Oct 28 06:04:38 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory:
Unsupported encryption type

Wouldn't that be a function of mysql reporting this error, or would
mod_auth_mysql be doing it?  The database is on a seperate machine, and
the mysql server on that machine is not reporting any errors.  Right
now, I have this in my .htaccess file:

Auth_MySQL_Encryption_Types Crypt_MD5 Plaintext Crypt_DES MySQL

That's a *lot* of types to compare the passwd against, and I'm not sure
that this client even uses them all.  If they did, that would be, IMHO,
odd?

Anyway, anything that you guys can give me, would help a lot.

Thanks again

-dant

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 06:07, Dan Trainor wrote:
> Good morning, all -
>
> I have an odd error that has become quite bothersome over the last
> couple weeks, and I cannot find out where it's coming from.  Google
> searches have yielded little information, so I'm hoping that one of you
> have seen this in the past.  I'm thinking it has something to do with
> mod_ssl, but I am not sure:
>

> [Tue Oct 28 06:04:38 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory:
> Unsupported encryption type
> [Tue Oct 28 06:04:38 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory:
> Unsupported encryption type
> [Tue Oct 28 06:04:38 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory:
> Unsupported encryption type
> [Tue Oct 28 06:04:38 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory:
> Unsupported encryption type
> [Tue Oct 28 06:04:38 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory:
> Unsupported encryption type
> [Tue Oct 28 06:04:38 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory:
> Unsupported encryption type
>
> I'll see that sometimes 4-7 times a second.  As you can imagine, it does
> a number to that log.  Any input would be appreciated.  If more info is
> needed, I would be more than happy to help with that, as well.
>
> Thanks in advance
> -dant

Dan T.
Cavecreek Systems Administration Team
http://www.cavecreek.net

24 hour technical support
support@cavecreek.net
480.449.7750

We welcome feedback on your customer service experience.
Please send a message to qc@cavecreek.net