httpd-users mailing list archives

From Filip Sneppe <filip.sne...@uptime.be>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse proxying a Tomcat on another machine with Apache 2.0
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:19:28 GMT
Hi,

I am having trouble reverse proxying a Tomcat running on a different
machine with Apache 2.0 (Both machines are running Debian Linux).

Currently, an Apache on the backend machine is sitting in front of
the Tomcat server.

In the future, I would like to get rid of an Apache running on the
backend server, and connect directly from the frontend Apache 2.0
to the Tomcat server. And here is where I run into problems...

This is my httpd.conf for the relevant virtual host:

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName new.site.be

        UseCanonicalName Off

        RewriteEngine On
        ProxyRequests On
        ProxyPreserveHost On

        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}  ^new\.site\.be$
        RewriteRule ^/(.*)        http://10.0.10.207:8180/$1   [P,L]
</VirtualHost>

The problem is that this is returned when I connect
to the reverse proxy's port 80 and issue:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: new.site.be

This is returned:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily