httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Ms-excel downloads works with netscape 7.1but fails when tried for IE6.0 in Apache 3.27
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 06:11:39 GMT
Melukote, Sudar wrote:
> I have /etc/mime.types entry for application/vnd.ms-excel  .xls for mime
> types.
> How to force Webserver to look for specific mime type.

No clue what you mean.

You need to be a little more specific than "fails". What happens when you
request the file? Does Apache show a 200 code in the access log, and nothing
in the error log?

Internet Explorer is well known for not appriciating the MIME type sent by
the server, and thus not behaving as expected. This is likely a client
issue, and I cannot suggest a server-side workaround, but google around and
you should find plenty of discussion about this.

Regards,
Robert Andersson