httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 upgrade + smb mount + symbolic link = zero byte downloads
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:00:58 GMT
I have a similar setup, but with some different content.  Have a Debian
GNU/Linux based Apache 2.0.47 server, and content on a Win2k machine with an
SMB share.  What I've done is this:

In the DocumentRoot (/home/httpd/htdocs in your case), make a directory
"music".  In there, just put a little README.txt file with contents:

This directory is here only so that Apache can see the music directory from
http://www.mydomain.com/music/ .  This file shouldn't be visible by Apache.
If it is, something went wrong with the config.

Then I do this in the VirtualHost:

    Alias "/music" "/mnt/mp3"
    <Directory "/mnt/mp3">
        # You may or may not be interested in this:
        Options Indexes
        IndexOptions DescriptionWidth=* FancyIndexing FoldersFirst
IconHeight IconWidth NameWidth=* SuppressColumnSorting VersionSort
    </Directory>

Hope that helps,

Leif