httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Name Hosting trouble
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:15:58 GMT

s/Apache/IIS/g;

You're not giving up are you?  You've got a whole list here willing to help.
:-)  No, Apache never was the only one, and any server out of the box is
never the most secure, but I don't know of any that can be made as secure as
Apache, as easily as Apache, as flexible and powerful, etc..  The most
secure web server is the one you disconnect from the web, kill the program,
and remove the source and binaries from the computer.  :-)  And windows
users?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that most Apache users are
from predominantly Unix based backgrounds, or some hybrid knowledge of both
windows and unix, but most are power users at the least, and not mere
"windoze lusers".

Anyways, from what you have posted about your problem, it would appear that
you are using the Include directive improperly, or by accident, to include
html files.  So, open up your httpd.conf in your favorite text editor (since
you dissed windows users, I'd guess it's vi or maybe emacs), and do some
text searches for the string "Include" (without the double-quotes), and see
if there's some line like "Include /srv/www/htdig/common/*".

Leif