httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Sorry Guys...
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:55:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff White" <jlwpc1@earthlink.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Sorry Guys...

> From: "Jamie Niemeier"
>

> > wow, you never hear of anyone
> > going from apache to iis... its the
> > other way 'round.. doh!
> >

> Windows Server 2003 Taking Share from Linux
> http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/22290.html
>
> Windows Server 2003 Surges, Takes Share from Linux
> http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=40297
>

> Jeff

Well, on the smaller trend, I'm still offering helpful and friendly advice
and introducing friends and colleagues to Apache / PHP / MySQL as very
strong options.

<rant>
I personally don't care what M$ does anymore.  Their products suck, always
have, always will, and I'm convinced now it's by design.  :D  They must go
out of their way to carefully craft so many bugs and vulnerabilities.  ^^
So let them continue to spread their FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt), but
let us continue to eradicate those misconceptions in those people around us.
</rant>

Leif