httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fernando Melo <fernand...@envent.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Server Root Question
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:20:12 GMT
Also check your Virtual Hosts.  If you have any that is.

Fernando

-----Original Message-----
From: Leif W [mailto:warp-9.9@usa.net]
Sent: 03 October 2003 16:07
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Server Root Question

Are you positive you're editing the right httpd.conf?  Search the system
(eg. updatedb ; locate httpd.conf) and verify you have the right one (or the
only one).  Check in your httpd.conf, search for DocumentRoot.  There's the
global DocumentRoot directive, and then a Directory directive, with a
comment above it saying to set it to the same directory as DocumentRoot.
Have you got different content in /var/www/html than in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs ?  ^^  Just checking.  Have you checked to make
sure there's no duplicate DocumentRoot or something in your httpd.conf?  Not
sure what else to check.  Apache gets its files from whereever you've told
it to get them.  :)

Leif