httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy garbles "special" characters
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:24:42 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Bissmire" <pbiss@onetel.net.uk>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Proxy garbles "special" characters

[snip]

> Pardon my apparent ignorance, but what should I expect to see as http
header
> and how should I render it visible?

One way to do this would be to telnet directly to the server and talk HTTP.

telnet server.com 80
GET /path/to/file.html HTTP/1.1
Host: server.com [hit enter twice]

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:18:22 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.47 OpenSSL/0.9.7b DAV/2 PHP/4.3.3
Last-Modified: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:10:02 GMT
ETag: "22c003-d9-5ecebe80"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

<HTML>
<HEAD>