httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Rosenfeld" <rosenf...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache2 upgrade + smb mount + symbolic link = zero byte downloads
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:27:32 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried this approach.  The Alias works.  With Options Indexes I can
browse the directories and get the proper file info, but when I try to
actually download an MP3 file, I still get a 200 OK zero-byte file as shown
in the wget example below from my prior post.  I guess this does rule out it
having to do anything with the symbolic links though.

If the alias points to a directory of MP3's on a local file system, I can
download the file.  I only have this problem when the file to be downloaded
in on the smbfs network mount.