httpd-users mailing list archives

From "A. Gideonse" <agideo...@planet.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:33:31 GMT
Ok, I reinstalled my internet connection and the problem is gone. If I now
turn off my firewall then allmost all my ports are open or blocked (but not
stealthed).

A: Are you sure you have a static IP?
Yes, given by the ISP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Eckerman" <jonas_lists@frukt.org>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 2:28 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:17:53 +0100, A. Gideonse wrote:

> All portst are stealthed without my firewall running.... How is
> that possible...

This really hasn't got anything to do with Apache...

Are you sure you completely got rid if the other FireWall?
If you're running WinXP: Have you made sure that Windows built in
firewall isn't running?
Are you sure your ISP isn't firewalling your machine?
Are you sure that you have the IP address you think you have?

Start by checking this stuff. If it doesn't help, I'd suggest finding
group wher IP issues on Windows discussed, or maybe calling your ISPs
support if they are willing to give free support for this kind of
things.

If you own the copy of Norton Firewall you installed, you could also
ask Symantec's support.

/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org