httpd-users mailing list archives

From "A. Gideonse" <agideo...@planet.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:25:57 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Eckerman" <jonas_lists@frukt.org>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:19:00 +0200, A. Gideonse wrote:

> I can view pages from the server (with localhost, 80.60.18.78 and
> 192.168.0.1 (ip on network)) and from computers on the local
> network (with 80.60.81.78 and 192.168.0.1).

Then why're you saying that Apache isn't doing it's job properly?
Obviously Apache is answering requests from other machines.

Does Apache's error logs (wich you hav, of course, allready checked)
list any failed requests? Do they list *any* requests from machines
outside your local networks?

>>> No, only request from 80.60.18.78 (my ip) and PHP errors (normal regular
errors in PHP)

> find it on http://home.planet.nl/~gideo017/tempz/httpd.conf

>>> updated it to the current settings

> ServerName ArnoOnline
> UseCanonicalName Off

Odd server name. :-/ With that name, it's good that you have
UseCanonicalName off. But you'll still have problems with old
HTTP/1.0 browsers if any such tries to use the site.

I did not, however, see any IP address based limiting in that conf,
so you Apache should answer requests it receives disregarding where
they originates. Note: requests it receives.

That must be a mistake in the installation procedure, I made 80.60.18.78:80
of it

/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org