httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason M. Kuhlman" <jkuhl...@oglecounty.org>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI problems
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:27:56 GMT
At our local ISP the sys admin likes to set up what he call 3rd level domain
names for sites like www.customer1.company.net and www.customer2.company.net
instead of what I would consider the more traditional
www.company.net/customer1 and www.company.net/customer2.  There are some
problems running cgi scripts.  Apparently in Mandrake 8.2 suexec is reeking
havoc on our scripting.  I would guess the suexec would change the
read/write/execute privileges on the web folders.  My questions are... Is
there some sort of standard/white papers out there for setting up and
configuring Apache for ISP use for all of the virtual hosts and many many
users that will want their own websites?  Also would it be better to
'compartmentalize' the cgi scripting to each hosted website instead of at
the root level?