httpd-users mailing list archives

From "A. Gideonse" <agideo...@planet.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:17:53 GMT
I just did a port scan on me from a security site and I turned my firewall
OFF. Result:

This port has not responded to any of our probes. It appears to be
completely stealthed.

All portst are stealthed without my firewall running.... How is that
possible...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Eckerman" <jonas_lists@frukt.org>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:07:55 +0100, A. Gideonse wrote:

> Nope, no entries...

Ok. The we know that one of the following is true:

a: Your firewall does not log all failed connection attempts from
originating from outside your LAN. Ot at least it doesn't log them
with the originating IP address.

b: Your firewall didn't try to block my connections, and doesn't log
connection attempts it doesn't block. (This would actually mean that
the firewall isn't firewalling wich I guess is improbable).

c: My connection attempts never reached your machine.

This should be resolved before trying to figure out anything more
about Apache.

Your not behind a NAT, are you?

How's your LAN connected to the Internet?

Did you find any entries at all for the ports I tried connecting to
(23, 135, 138, 25, 21, 22 and 31234)?

Regards
/Jonas

--