httpd-users mailing list archives

From "A. Gideonse" <agideo...@planet.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:43:31 GMT
Uninstalled older apache and deleted the files that remained in the
installation dir. After that I restarted, check for running apaches with
taskmanager (result was 0) and installed apache 2.
Port 80 is used by apache and is now also open with a permit rule in my
firewall:

Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) PHP/4.3.3 Server at 80.60.18.78 Port 80

However, my MySQL says that it is running on 192.168.0.1 (local network
adress).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Pierce" <pagedev1@speakeasy.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly

If you have restarted the server before, then restarting it again
most likely will not help.  OK.. Wait.. you installed a new version
of Apache?  Did you uninstall the old one, or make sure that
the old one is not still running?  Maybe you have two version running
and they are fighting with each other?