httpd-users mailing list archives

From Øyvind Lode <o-l...@online.no>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Startup Fails
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:52:57 GMT
Hi.

I a newbie to Apache and Linux.
I have recently installed a copy of Red Hat Linux 9 where I use Apache
2.0 (Build 2.0.40).
It started well and I had the server running but something has happened
to my Configuration Files resulting in Apache fail to start.

I have tried to solve this but my knowledge of Apache is very limited
but I'm going to learn more about it but noew I just can not make it run
at all so that means I can not continue my task of learning to use and
configure Apache :-)

I browsed the FAQ and the archives but could not find anything there at
first glance but hopefully this is a esy task for you guys...

When I try to start Apache the following error appears in the error_log:

--start--

[Sun Oct 26 22:41:34 2003] [alert] (22002)Name or service not known:
mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "redhat"
Configuration Failed!

--end--

I have no idea what I have done to mess the configuration files but I
have done something stupid.
That's for sure...

Can someone please help me?

Øyvind