httpd-users mailing list archives

From Øyvind Lode <o-l...@online.no>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache Startup Fails
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:48:48 GMT
I experienced that now...
I hoped that apache had created a new conf file but it didn't.
Same problem still - Apache refuses to start.

I cannot find a default conf file in /etc/httpd/conf
But here is the content of that dir listed:

--start--

drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root         4096 Oct 26 23:33 .
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         4096 Oct 10 21:43 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Oct 26 23:33 httpd.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        34924 Oct 26 11:23 httpd.conf.bak
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        12959 Feb 25  2003 magic
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           37 Oct 10 21:43 Makefile ->
../../../usr/share/ssl/certs/Makefile
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Oct 10 21:43 ssl.crl
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Oct 10 21:43 ssl.crt
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Feb 25  2003 ssl.csr
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Oct 10 21:43 ssl.key
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Feb 25  2003 ssl.prm

--end--

As you can see I renamed the file httpd.conf to httpd.conf.bak to test
if apache could create a new fresh conf file but as I sad it didn't...
Then I created a blank conf file called httpd.conf and tried to start
apache but it still fails.

Øyvind