httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brooks" <mal...@twcny.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help needed with Apache 2 on RH9
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:41:40 GMT
Hi Leif...

> Hi!  I see no one responded so I was unsucessfully trying to duplicate the
> error.  I'm on Debian, not Redhat though.  I set up a VirtualHost with
this
> similar Directory block in there.

Thank you for all of the suggestions.  The test code is a simple hello
world, but I did
change the "\n\n" to "\r\n".

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/*/WWW/cgi-bin/"

the above line was missing, so I added that and restarted the server.  The
code
still returned the premature headers error.  I moved the code to the main
cgi-bin
(under /var) and it worked fine.

I changed the *.cgi extention to *.pl and then to *.bob... (adding the
proper handlers)
and there was no change.

oh... I also made sure all directory structures were in double quotes.

could this be a bug in apache or apache + RH9  ??

thanks again for all your help!

Dave