httpd-users mailing list archives

From Øyvind Lode <o-l...@online.no>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache Startup Fails
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:26:22 GMT
Hi again!

Yes Robert this build is very old and it's installed using a RPM from
the RHL 9 CD.
Yes I'm going to reinstall the Server in a couple of days since I have
bought new Server Hardware so I'm going to install the latest version
then.

Yes Jonas the "tedhat" does appear in a Directive.
As Joshua says it is the ServerName in the httpd.conf file and is also
located in the /etc/hosts file.

I deleted the module and apache seems to run normally so my web sites
are up and running for a couple of days when I will shutdown the server
to reinstall on new hardware.

Thanks everyone :-)

Øyvind

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: 27. oktober 2003 14:58
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache Startup Fails

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Jonas Eckerman wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:52:57 +0100, Øyvind Lode wrote:
>
> > [Sun Oct 26 22:41:34 2003] [alert] (22002)Name or service not
> > known: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "redhat"
>
> Does the word "redhat" show up in any directive in httpd.conf?

This means that apache thinks the server's name is "redhat", either
because that is used in a ServerName dirctive, or because it is
specified in /etc/hosts and apached queried the OS for its name.
Unfotunately, there is no reverse mapping of this name to an IP address,
which mod_unique_id needs.

Fortunately, you almost certainly don't need mod_unique_id.  So the easy
fix is to simply remove that module.

Joshua.