httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph A Nagy Jr" <joseph_a_nagy...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP Problems
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:47:06 GMT
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:40:20 +0200
  "Robert Andersson" <robert@profundis.nu> wrote:
>Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
>> > In short, what to do:
>> >
>> > 1)  "LoadModule php4_module pathto/mod_php4.so"
>>
>> Already loaded, as stated in the message to which you responded.
>>

>> > 2) "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml"
>>
>> Also added, convienant how you left out that part. Mozilla now tries
>> download index.php
>
>I am not familiar with your initial configuration (php.conf &
>filters),

 From /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf (which is included via Includes
/etc/httpd/conf.d/*.conf in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf)

# PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language which attempts to make it
# easy for developers to write dynamically generated webpages.
#

LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

#
# Cause the PHP interpreter handle files with a .php extension.
#
<Files *.php>
     SetOutputFilter PHP
     SetInputFilter PHP
     LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

#
# Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as directory
#
DirectoryIndex index.php

>which is why the above suggested that you start over by removing
>everything
>PHP related, and follow the instructions in the PHP manual.

Okay, I will comment out php.conf and read the manual. I was just
thinking that it was an Apache problem and not a PHP problem.

>If it still does not work, please explain your relevant configuration
>in
>detail. Otherwise, I nor anyone else know, or cannot be sure of, in
>which
>context it fails.

Okay, and sorry for getting snippity.

--