httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Bolsover" <ju...@bolsover.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Tomcat connector for Apache 2.0.47 ... Please Help
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:26:03 GMT
Hmm

I also use  Apache 2.0.47 with Tomcat 4.1.27 - but have never used mod_jk2
connector - try ProxyPass and ProxyReverse works just fine.

db

"Joe Mihalich" <jmihalich@formalogix.com> wrote in message

            Hi,

               I've installed Apache version 2.0.47, and tomcat version
4.1.27 on a windows xp box.

               I've downloaded the mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll connector, and put it
in the modules directory
            Under apache.

               I configured tomcat to auto generate the mod_jk.conf file.

               All that is working ok.so it seems.

               I then modified the httpd.conf file as follows:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll
AddModule mod_jk.c

JkWorkersFile \Program Files\Apache
Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\conf\jk\workers.properties
JkLogFile logs\mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug

               And added this include, at the end of the file

Include \Program Files\Apache
Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf

               Now, when I try to start up apache, I'm getting this error:

Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `jk_module' in file C:/Program
Files/Apache Gr
oup/Apache2/modules/mod_jk2.dll: No error

               Line 173 is the "LoadModule" line above.

               Can someone please tell me why I'm getting this error?  In
the download
            Directory for mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll, it says that this file is only
for Apache 2.0.43.
            I assume that it will work for 2.0.47.or is that the problem
here?  I can't
            Find 2.0.43 to download anymore.

               Also, I'm confused as to why all the other modules in the
modules sub directory
            Have the ".so" extension.  Aren't those unix shared library
objects?  Can they work
            On windows?

               Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

            Thanks,