httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Thurtle" <simon.thur...@mainlink.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie needs help with IP addresses
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:07:41 GMT
OK firstly please can no-one tell me to RTFM UNLESS you give me a link to
the damn thing! Like wise anyone who says "...this was covered on...." don't
waste your time or mine. Thanks!

OK, I am a complete newbie to this and really need to know how to add an IP
address to a PC. The PC is on our LAN running Ms XP, with  Apache 2.0.46.
Currently I can get the PHP app that I am developing to work by allocating
127.0.0.1 as an IP for Apache. Now I want to make the app available across
the LAN for BETA testing but it won't work on it's current IP address. So
how do I actually configure a new IP address for this machine and then make
it available across the network? Sorry if this is the wrong location to post
this but I really have no idea where to start!!

Cheers,