httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Todd <and...@halfcooked.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help installing mod_gzip on AIX
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:57:01 GMT
Hi,

Has anyone successfully installed mod_gzip on AIX (5.1) ?

We have installed the apache and apache-devel RPMs supplied by IBM and
downloaded the .tgz source package for mod_gzip. When I unpack it to a
directory and try a 'make' I get errors;

# make
         /opt/freeware/apache/sbin/apxs
-Wc,-Wall,-O3,-fomit-frame-pointer,-pipe -c mod_gzip.c
mod_gzip_debug.c mod_gzip_compress.c -o mod_gzip.so
xlc -O2 -DAIX=43 -DUSE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT -U__STR__
-DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -DUSE_HSREGEX -DSHARED_MODULE
-I/opt/freeware/apache/include -Wall,-O3,-fomit-frame-pointer,-pipe
-c mod_gzip.c
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16777215

I get a similar error if I just try;

# apxs -i -a -c mod_gzip.c

I'm presuming that there is an issue with gcc, and possibly with apxs.
Any pointers or suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards,
Andy